Pool Start UpWhether starting up a brand new pool or one that has been closed over the winter, a proper start-up will get you swimming faster and enjoying the pool more, and help prevent problems during the summer months.
- Remove, Clean and Store Pool Cover with Cover Cleaner Deodorizer and perform housekeeping chores such as brushing, vacuuming and emptying skimmer baskets of dirt and debris.
- Add Water. Water level should always be approximately half way up the skimmer opening.
- Prepare Equipment following manufacturer's recommendations.
- Balance Water by taking 1 quart of pool water to your professional OMNI dealer for a complete water analysis. Follow the dealer's instructions for balancing the water.
- Remove Organic Waster with 1 lb. of Breakout per 10,000 gallons, or 1 lb. of Breakout 35 per 6,000 gallons. *Note: Breakout should be pre-dissolved in a clean plastic bucket of water at a ratio of no more than 1 lb. per 1 gallon of water. Slowly pour into pool around edges.
- Prevent Algae by adding an initial close of Algae Preventative, 1 quart per 25,000 gallons - or Multi-Purpose Algaecide 60, 1 quart per 20,000 gallons.
- Continuous Disinfection. Regular sanitation consists of using OMNI Chlorination Stix or 1" or 3" tablets in your skimmer or automatic chlorinator. At all times, maintain a free chlorine level of at least 1.0 ppm, to continuously kill bacteria.